Thursday, January 19, 2012

Collages from our class. 
   A  collage is not a bunch of random pictures glued on top of each other. A collage is a poem in pictures. A collage is a life story depicted through imagery. A collage is power. My collage may look like random things placed every which way, but there is a story behind it, just like there is a story behind every person. My pictures weren't necessarily strategically placed, but with the placing of one came another which led to another. Days later I can see a story unfolding. My collage rests on a picture of my family. I made this the base of my collage because they are my stability holding me up. From there, I found a horoscope from the newspaper that sounded exactly like me! What are the chances of that? I am a Scorpio, I know that can be scary. I layered in a picture of a runner, NYC skyline, and a dancer. These were added because the represent who I am. Each thing that was added to my collage had an initial meaning that blossomed to create a beautiful, unique depiction of my life in a little cardboard square.

No comments:

Post a Comment