Thursday, January 19, 2012

Livo!

My self portrait speaks for itself! Not to mention it is my twin! I chose the pose because I think it has the power to speak for itself. The pose represents force and strength which portrays my personality. The original assignment was to to create an original paint color to use, but if you know anything about me, you will find that I am not one who loves color. My wardrobe looks like a black and white movie. Not a silent black and white movie though. Although black and white can be associated with dullness and lack of life, the "colors" give me sophistication and voice. Working on my self portrait has been the best part of the year because my comfort and passion lies in painting.  The process of the piece looks a lot more challenging than it was. First came the drawing, then the outline, the creation of a paint color, and then the painting itself. After painting is through it is time to ink. The waiting game begins. After a day of drying, you are ready to wash. The suspense of seeing the final portrait is such a bittersweet feeling because the ink has an uncontrollable mind of its own and works in mysterious ways. Working back into the art, with appropriate colored pencils will complete the look. Texture, color, and depth are created through the colored pencils. Tada! The portrait is complete. I dedicated a lot of hard work and effort into this work to perfect it. Yes, I am a perfectionist! I hope when people look at my painting they see my personality and strength that I worked to achieve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment